Please take a moment to like and subscribe
✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
This video is for beginners. It is basic cooking. It can be one dish meal after a long hectic day. It tastes fabulous with lemon and ghee. Its a staple food. So, here is varan – bhat
• 1/2 cup Rice
• 1/2 cup Toor dal
• A pinch asafoetida / Hing
• A pinch Turmeric powder
• Salt to taste
• Take rice in pressure cooker’s big pot.
• In another pot take toor dal.
• Wash both thoroughly with water.
• Add 1 cup water to dal. Add turmeric powder and asafoetida /
hing to dal. Mix well.
• Add 1 cup add 2-3 spoons water to rice. Add salt to rice. Mix
• Put the pressure cooker dish in the cooker. Add one inch water
• Put the pot of dal first and then pot of rice on it in the cooker.
• Close the lid of the cooker.
• Cook on medium heat until 3 – 4 whistles.
• Remove the dal and rice from the cooker.
• Add salt and jaggery to dal. Mix the dal well with beater.
• Heat the dal on medium heat until it comes to boil. Your varan
bhat is ready.
• Serve hot with lemon and ghee.