Chicken Milanese Recipe is a delicious simple breaded chicken cutlet that is pan fried to perfection and usually served up with a light arugula salad that has a lemon vinaigrette on it.
PRINT THIS RECIPE:
Ingredients for this recipe:
For the Arugula Salad:
• 8 cups baby arugula
• 1 cup micro greens
• 1 cup sliced assorted cherry tomatoes
• ½ peeled and thinly sliced red onion
• 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
• juice of 1 lemon
• 2 tablespoons honey
• ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
For the Chicken
• 2 cups flour
• 6 eggs
• 4 cups bread crumbs
• 8 chicken cutlets pounds to ¼” thick
• sea salt and pepper to taste
• finely chopped fresh parsley for garnish
• olive oil for frying
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
1. Salad: In a large bowl toss together the arugula, micro greens, tomatoes, red onions, cheese, salt and pepper and keep cool until ready to serve.
2. Next, in a medium size bowl add in the lemon and honey and slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to whisk until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Chicken: In a medium size baking pan or bowl mix together the flour, salt and pepper and set aside.
4. In a separate second medium size baking pan or bowl whisk together, the eggs and salt until combined and set aside.
5. In a separate third medium size baking pan or bowl mix together, the bread crumbs and salt until combined and set aside.
6. Season the pounded out chicken cutlets on all sides with salt and pepper and one by one coat in the flour, then dredge in the egg mixture following up by coating and pressing down into the bread crumbs making sure the chicken cutlet is completely breaded. Repeat until the chicken cutlets are all breaded.
7. Add about ½ cup of olive oil to a large frying pan over medium-low heat and add in the breaded chicken cutlets, 1 to 2 at a time, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel until ready to serve.
8. Serve the cooked chicken Milanese with the salad and lemon vinaigrette.