Mrs.Vahchef is very fond of cooking and her Recipes are very unique and fit for busy women specially working women
Bagara rice is a simple Hyderabadi rice recipe which can be prepared for functions or any festive occasions. It is famous in Andhra predominantly from telangana region.
Basmati rice 1 cup
Oil 2 tsp
Bay leaf 1-2 nos
Cloves 2-4 nos
Cardamom 2-4 nos
Cinnamon stick 1-2 nos
Black cumin seeds ½ tsp
Biryani phool 1-2 nos
Mace 1 nos
Onion(roughly chopped) 1 cup
Salt To taste
Green chillies 2-3 nos
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Mint leaves 1 bunch
Coriander leaves ½ bunch
Water 1 ½ cup
1. Soak the basmati rice for 30 mins in water.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick, black cumin seeds, biryani phool, mace and saute it.
3. Add onions, little salt, green chillies and saute it.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute it, cook for 1 min until raw flavour is gone.
5. Now add mint leaves, coriander leaves and mix it.
6. Add water, check for seasoning add salt and boil it.
7. Add soaked rice and slightly mix and cook it initially on high flame later on slow flame until it is done.
8. Once the moisture is reduced place lid and cook it until it is done and switch off flame and allow it to rest for 5 mins.