Fish Cutlets | Spiced Fish Cakes | Fish Kebab Recipe | Fish Shami Kabab | Fish Kabab Recipe | Spiced Fish Kebabs
Ingredients for Fish Cutlets:
– Fish: Basa or any other boneless fish chunks- 300 gms
To be boiled with:
– Salt- 1/4 tsp
– Pepper- 1/4 tsp
– Green cardamom-2
– Cinnamon, 1” pieces- 2
– Coriander/Cilantro/Parsley leaves- 5-6 sprigs whole
– Boiled potatoes- 2 medium ones (75 gm each)
– Onion, fine chopped- 1 medium
– Ginger, fine chopped- 1” piece
– Green chilies, chopped- 2 small whole chilies
– Coriander/Cilantro or Parsley leaves, fine chopped- 5 tbsp
– Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
– Garam Masala powder- 1/2 tsp (Link to our Garam Masala Recipe:
– Cumin powder- 1/4 tsp
– Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
– Oil- 3 tbsp
– Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker till 2 whistles. Let the pressure release, drain the water & allow the potatoes to cool. Alternatively, boil the potatoes in an open sauce pan till tender but not too soft. Drain and allow to cool.
– To boil the fish pieces, place the pieces in a pan, add water sufficient to cover the pieces. Add all the ingredients indicated above. Give a mix and boil the fish pieces till tender. Depending on the type of fish should take 7-8 mins on medium to low heat.
– Once cool, peel the skin & mash both the potatoes & fish pieces separately.
– Fine chop the onion, green chillies, ginger and coriander leaves/ cilantro.
– Mix the mashed boiled fish and potatoes.
– Add the chopped onions, green chilies, ginger and coriander leaves/ cilantro.
– Add the spice powders and salt. Mix to combine well.
– Take out small portions & form kebabs/patties.
– You should be able to make 8-10 kebabs/paties based on size.
– Now take a frying pan & heat oil & arrange all the kebabs. If required fry in 2 batches.
– Fry on one side on low heat for around 6-7 mins till golden.
– Flip it on the other side & continue to fry for 6-7 mins. If required, keep turning till it is golden/ light brown on both sides.
#fishcutlets #fishkebab #fishcakes #fishkabab #fishshamikabab #fishkebabrecipe #spicedfishcakes #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatsfish