Soya nugget kheema is a healthy Indian dish with the goodness of soya and the rich flavour of Indian spices. Usually, kheema is made from minced meat but this version is for vegetarians and hence we have used soya nuggets.
Soya nuggets kheema is a super delicious and easy recipe which is low in carb and fat content and acts as a great addition to the protein component of a balanced vegetarian meal plan.
Soya acts as a substitute for several meat products. Since it’s a good source of omega- 3 fatty acids which improve vision, heart health, prevents cancer, it can benefit in lowering down cholesterol levels in a body. It enhances bone health and digestibility.
Let us know how you liked the dish in the comments section below.
Ingredients : ( Serve:4 )
• 1 cup soya nuggets
• 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp red chili powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp coriander powder
• 2 tbsp oil
• 2 bayleaf
• 3-4 cloves
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
• 1 tsp green chili
• 1/4 cup tomato, finely chopped
• 2 tsp lemon juice
• 1/4 cup coriander leaves
1. Heat two cups of water with salt, add soya chunks to the hot water and cook them for a while.
2. Drain the soya chunks in a colander, squeeze out excess of water and grind them in a mixie or a food processor. Keep it aside, this is soya chunks keema.
3. Marinate it with turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and coriander powder.
4. Heat enough oil in a kadai, add the whole spices (bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick) and fry them until they turn brown.Now add finely chopped garlic and onion. Saute the onions till translucent.
5. Add chopped green chili and saute for a minute.
6. Add finely chopped tomatoes. Saute till the oil starts separating from the mixture.
7. Now,add the soya nuggets mixture. Stir and mix the soya nuggets mixture very well with the onion-tomato masala mixture, saute for some more time.
8. Finally stir in a tbsp of lime juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Don’t forget to feed us while feeding yourself by subscribing to our channel
SUBSCRIBE to JOOS Food – Health for more such recipes