– Italian Comfort Pasta Bake
Shopping & Ingredients List:
– 100g Bread & handful Fresh Basil
– 1 large Red Onion, roughly chopped
– 250g Turkey Mince* & 1 large Egg
– 1 large Onion, diced & 1 tbsp Olive Oil
– 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
– 400g can Chopped Tomatoes
– 100g Passata, 15g Sugar & 1 tsp Salt
– 1-2 tsp Dried Oregano & 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley
Cream Cheese Filling
– 100g Light Cream Cheese
– 100g Light Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese
– 5g Parmesan, grated
– 1 tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped
– 24 Dried Large Pasta Shells
– 25g Reduced Fat Red Leicester Cheese
– 5g Parmesan, both grated
– 1-2 pinches of Dried Oregano
*Halal & Kosher if meat appropriately sourced
1. Make the marinara sauce by gently cooking the onion in the olive oil for 5 minutes before adding the remaining ingredients, bringing the sauce to a simmer & cooking for 15 minutes until reduced by half.
2. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain, rinse & cool the pasta. Preheat the oven to 200c (180 fan), 400f, gas mark 6.
3. Make the turkey meatballs by adding all the meatball ingredients into a food processor & pulsing until fully blended. Form the mixture into 24 small-medium size meatballs & place on a lined baking sheet. Part-bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool a little while making the cream cheese filling. In a bowl mix together all the cream cheese filling ingredients. Beat until smooth.
4. Pour the marinara sauce into the base of a baking dish. Stuff each pasta shell with a little cream cheese mix & then a meatball before adding to the baking dish. Finish by sprinkling over the grated red leicester & parmesan & a pinch or two of dried oregano. Bake for 10-15 minutes & serve 4 stuffed shells per person immediately.
Macro info per serving:
Protein – 21.3g
Carbs – 43.6g
Fat – 10.8g
Energy – 357Kcal
Follow us on social media for more fitness content!