Full recipe at
More recipes at
Download Bhavna’s Kitchen apps for Android, iPhone and iPad
Paneer Bhurji is a popular, delicious and easy to make dish, made with crumbled paneer, onions, capsicums and tomatoes, this can also be served as a side dish with rotis, parathas or naan.
Paneer Bhurji can be made without gravy for breakfast or appetizer and for the main course, gravy can be prepared.
Oil 2 Tablespoon
Cumin seeds 1 Tablespoon
Turmeric powder 1⁄4 Teaspoon
Onion 1 Large, finely chopped
Salt 1 Teaspoon (to taste)
Ginger paste 1 Tablespoon
Garlic paste 1 Tablespoon
Tomatoes 1 Large, finely chopped
Paneer 2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), shredded (low fat approx. 1 packet)
Garam masala 1 Tablespoon
Red chili powder 1 Tablespoon
Coriander powder 1 Tablespoon
Tomato puree 1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed (canned)
Cream 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Red bell pepper 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), julienned
Green bell pepper 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), julienned
Green peas 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), frozen and thawed
Cilantro leaves 2 Tablespoon, finely chopped (for garnishing)
1. In a pan on medium heat, add oil and heat it. Add in the cumin seeds, turmeric powder, chopped onions, salt, ginger and garlic paste. Stir well and cook until the onions are translucent.
2. Add in the tomatoes mix well and cook covered until the tomatoes soften.
3. Stir in the shredded paneer, garam masala, red chili powder, coriander powder, mix well and let it cook on medium low for 5 minutes.
4. Add in the tomato puree, cream and mix until well incorporated.
5. Add in the red and green bell pepper, thawed green peas. Mix well and cook on medium low for another 6-7 minutes.
6. Serve the paneer bhurji – dry or gravy, garnished with chopped cilantro alongside a bowl of white rice or naan.
If you do not want onion in the recipe then you can opt for chopped cabbage.